♪ Bob and Brad ♪ ♪ The two most famous ♪ ♪ Physical therapists ♪ ♪ On the internet ♪ Bam badabum bum bum bum. – Hi folks, I’m Bob
Schrupp, physical therapist. – Brad Heineck, physical therapist. – Together, we are the most
famous physical therapists on the internet, Brad. – In our opinion of course, Bob. – Today we’re going to talk about the best physio routine to relieve neck pain and tension at your neck. At your desk, not at your neck. (Brad laughs)
In your neck, at your desk. – That’s right. – What is physio, Brad? – Physio, now this is a very interest, we were just talking about this. Other parts of the world, we’re world wide, we have to be, – Yeah we have to be–
– Appreciative to everyone’s terminology but, I understand it’s in Europe,
Australia, New Zealand, – Canada.
– Canada, number of parts of the–
– Physiotherapists instead of physical therapists. – Right, so the term physio, is like for us saying PT. – By the way, if you’re
new to our channel, please take a second to subscribe to us. We provide videos how to
stay healthy, fit, pain-free and we upload every day. Also, if you don’t subscribe to us, we’ll destroy your computer. – Bob, relax!
– All right. – Why, Bob? Why? – So, by the way, you’re
gonna want to join us on our social media channels, especially, you want to go to bobandbrad.com, and go to our giveaway section because we are always
giving something away. You can also go see it on
BobandBrad on Facebook. If you want the shortened
version of Bob and Brad, where we don’t ramble on,
go to Instagram and Twitter. This is what we’re giving away this week, the RENPHO neck and
back massager, awesome! You used it this morning didn’t you, Brad? – Oh absolutely. Alex was gonna put it away, I said, “No, no! I gotta get my
15 minutes on there.” – So, yeah, you can massage the neck, it goes up and down, you can massage the back, it goes up and down, and adjust to your size,
so, really awesome. If you’re having neck pain, that’s tension at your desk. – Actually, that could be a good option. – Yeah, just put that in there and it’s pretty silent, you don’t hear it. – Yeah, it is, it’s nice. Anyways–
– All right, let’s get along with the routine, ah? – People working at their desk, which is a lot of people nowadays, you develop that neck, shoulder, all this tension can develop.
– That tension, yeah, boy. – Often times, it’s the
result of poor posture along with being there for
such a long period of time. So, what we need to do is change things a little bit. – Yeah, you got to break
up the static sitting. – About every two hours,
you should take… It only takes a few minutes
to do this routine, so– – I say even more often than
that, Brad, if possible. I’d do it, like, every half hour, to be honest with you.
– There you go, whatever you can fit into your routine. Anyways, the first thing you want to do is check your posture, scooch your bottom back
into the back of the chair, shoulders back, head
up over your shoulders. – I guess I’ll do this way. – Okay, we’ll, yeah, profile and front. – Frontal.
(Both laughing) – The frontal plane. And then (inhaling deeply) take a deep breath in, fill those lungs up through your nose, exhale out your mouth, and do this kind of slow, don’t just (breathes fast) fast, (inhaling deeply) and exhale.
– Breathing is a huge part of relaxation. – Major part, absolutely. – This is not something
we’re doing just to be gratuitous here, (Brad laughs) I mean, this is really
important part of it. And you know what? You’re gonna get more
productivity out of yourself if you take the few minutes
to do this, than less. – Right, exactly. So you do three deep breaths, in your nose, out your mouth, relax. And then the next thing we’re gonna do, is shoulders back, and we’re gonna squeeze the shoulder blades together. And if you want to, you can think about taking your elbows and trying to touch them behind your back. – Why don’t you spin a little bit, Brad? – Okay, there we go.
– This way. – You can see his
(Brad groaning) his clothes are wrinkling up because he’s bringing those
shoulder blades together. – Yes!
– That’s a big one. So again, you’re tightening
the muscles and relaxing, but you’re also working
on your posture that way. You’re putting your shoulders back, because our shoulders tend to roll forward over time.
– There you go. And this, you can do up to five
repetitions would be enough. And then the next one
is gonna be the infamous chin tuck.
– Chin tuck. – So, you bring your chin in like this, not down here,
– Not down, – That’s a big mistake.
– Not up, just straight back.
– There you go. – And some of you won’t
have much motion there, because you haven’t been doing these yet. – Right, you’ll loosen up. You do that three to five times, okay. And then the next one is, lean back into your desk chair and do a full extension of your neck. Now, there’s two things you can do. You can take your hands and support here and that can feel better, especially if you haven’t done this. Some people, and I’ll
have a lot of my patients, they’ll take a towel like this. Just roll up a towel, you
can keep it at your desk, under your desk, on top
of your desk, somewhere. And use that for support and it’s a little more comfortable.
– You just pull down, and go back.
– Yep. – I gotta watch out for my mic, but, – Oh, yeah. They probably don’t have a mic at work. Oh well, they might have
one for their phone. And you go back like
this and do that again. Three to five times is all you need to do. And the last but not least is, stand up, hands behind your head, up in the air, here, whatever is
comfortable, and stretch back and naturally say, “Hallelujah!” – “Hallelujah!” – There you go, oh boy, that feels good.
– No, you won’t draw any attention to yourself. – Right, You can just
whisper it, you know. We don’t want to have them calling the security on you (laughs) – Well, if everybody in your
office watches this video, then they’ll know what’s going on. – Everyone will be doing it. – That’s right,
– There you go. – Everyone will do it at the same time. – I feel better already, Bob. – Well, you used to have a, what was it? Like a two-minute stretch
program at one of the nursing homes you were at, right? – Right, and everyone would stop and we would have the
stretch program come over – The intercom.
– The intercom system, and everyone would just
stop what they’re doing, and follow along with the stretch program and then carry on. – Yeah, it’s amazing how it reduces the amount of injuries even, or painful situations or so. – It’s a wonderful thing. Again, you could probably
get through this whole thing once you do it a few times in a matter of a couple of minutes, – Yeah, and just again,
– Maybe three. – All it’s gonna be just good. It’s good for your body, and it’s good for your mind, and it’s good for your productivity. – There you go. – All right, thanks
everybody for watching.